The Gotham City Police Department is the department of the police officers of Gotham City. It's commissioner is James Gordon and head detective is Harvey Bullock. They were the ones responsible for keeping the Batman a myth until he was met up by the Green Lantern and helped create the Justice League. Although mostly faithful to the Batman following the events of the Zero Year, the GCPD had been forced to turn on the Dark Knight several times.
Eventually, as Gotham City became Neo Gotham, the GCPD was succeeded by the Neo Gotham Police Department.
- Commissioner Maggie Sawyer - The police commissioner, was in charge of all precincts.
- Harvey Bullock - The head of all the detectives.
- Detective Pierce - One of the top detectives.
- Detective Maggie Yip - One of Bullock's detectives.
- Detective Jim Corrigan - A detective on the Midnight Shift.
- Detective Lisa Drake - A detective on the Midnight Shift.
- Lieutenant Weaver - An officer on the Midnight Shift.
- Dr. Szandor Tarr - A doctor on the Midnight Shift.
- Renee Montoya - A formidible officer.
- Travis Nie - A controversial detective.
- Lieutenant Winston - A corrupt officer.
- Sergeant Rook - A member of Internal Affairs.
- Nancy Strode
- Hector Melendez
- Officer Gilroy
- Henry Wallace
- Officer Bradley - Murdered by Scorn.
- Officer Parker - Murdered by Scorn.
- Detective Spencer
- Dan Corrigan
- Sister Justine